Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Fireplace in FL?


When my husband first told me about our house in FL (I didn't see it until the day I moved down) he told about all the great features the house contained....big kitchen.....pool....landscaped yard....fireplace. Now when he told me there was a fireplace I was over the moon excited....think of all the winter nights we could sit around the fire and drink hot buttered rums and watch it snowing outside.......then it hit me.....it wasn't going to be snowing where we were going....we were headed for the Sunshine State (there is a reason they call it that and it isn't because it is overcast and cool!!).

Reality sometimes is cruel....then I started thinking....why would you have a fireplace in FL.....everyone I told would say why do you need a fireplace in FL???

Well let me tell you.....it may be the Sunshine State but it still can get chilly. For the first time the other day I did not sweat....I was actually cold....so I pulled out my sweaters and my husband lit a fire in the fireplace......If I would have just remembered to make the hot buttered rums then I would have been good to go!!!!

No comments: