Sunday, May 10, 2009

Style

Those of you who visit me frequently (big THANKS by the way) have probably noticed I don't have a specific style.....I tend to be a bit (OK, maybe more than a bit) eclectic. My problem you see is that I like to many things (which could explain why my brain is always spinning) and I want to put it all on my blog.

Since I am home alone today and I had a VERY productive day yesterday I seem to have given myself permission to play. I have created some new headers......amongst catching up with my blogging friends (I do love that I have gotten caught up on my blogging....I love to visit my blogging friends!!!!), playing on Facebook and watching TV (I tell you I am a real slug today!!!).

Let me know what you think....after looking at them you may think I have multiple personalities....which might not be that far off!!! They are all different the one I have currently is one of them (I thought it was whimsical and sweet) and here are the other 2:


Here I am getting in touch with my heritage...I guess you could say this is reminiscent of my interior decor......I don't have real roosters or hens but I have a lot of fake ones!!!!



I thought this was a cute one...kind of fun and flirty......
maybe I was trying to channel my 25 year old self!!!

What do you think???
I thought they were fun to make and wanted to share, comments are always welcome.

Part of what has spurred this on is I am purging getting ready to start a new life in a new place but I am having a hard time letting go of some stuff. I will keep the family heirlooms and the stuff that really brings a smile to my face.....but there are those things that I am on the fence about; items that I have carried from place to place with me for years. Who knew purging could bring up so many feelings!???!

Don't get me wrong I have parted with a lot of things so far and maybe it isn't so much the letting go as it is letting go of these treasures to strangers that I am having a hard time with. If a friend came to my door and asked for any of the items in question I would hand them over gladly (let me know when you will be here). I tend to be a bit of a pack rat but not as bad as I used to be.....I don't need someone to come into our house and unbury us.......I have things in their place (for the most part) and like to keep things that have a purpose or some sense of value to me. Do you have problems letting go of things???


What is the one thing you would never part with (people and animals don't count...I am talking things)?

If you had to move tomorrow how much would you keep??

I guess I have gotten off on quite a tangent and hope that you were able to keep up with me. I am interested in how you all deal with change...good, bad or otherwise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie, I love all three headers. I've always loved silhouettes but I have to say the rooster one is very cute and the young spirited one is fun. They all fit you; I see your problem now! ha
I have problems knowing WHEN to let go of things. I'm always afraid down the road I will regret my decisions. I guess the one collection I would not get rid of is my childhood dolls. Many, Santa brought to me as a kid and some my Daddy brought when he travelled for business. I figure I've had them 51 years - no need to do away with them now!
How are plans coming along for your move?

Princess S said...

The house is listed and we are doing the waiting game. I started a new job that allows me to work from home and I may be able to do it once I get to FL. I have learned it is all about timing and God's timing is perfect. I am ready for the next phase to begin...waiting has never been one of my best attributes...HEEHEE!!!
How is everyone doing at your house....I think of you often and keep you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, I sent you an email. If you don't get it, could you email me at mildrednalley@gmail.com

missy said...

i like them all!!!!!
i like the one you are using now....but like the rooster one the best!!!!!!
and you know i will be down to help you part with your items!!!!!!!
and i can not answer your question.......you know the 2 of us are ALOT alike!!!!!!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

My, my,...you know me...I love the farm header with the chickens and sheep! But all are just darling. It is hard to pack up and to let go of things. I could not let my embroidery things go, and I have a special tea pot that I cherish! Hope all goes well on your move. blessings,Kathleen

Paula said...

I like them all, too, Stephanie... I think they are all cute and vey much "you"!