Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Alllllll Aboard!!!

Before I left Kansas City my friend Arlene came up from Wichita with her husband Bill for a visit. One of the things they like to do is travel around and ride trains......so we headed to Belton, Mo and rode a train......Oh My Goodness it was so FUN!!!!!


Here was our chariot!!! We sat on the outside car....soaking up the sun BABY!!!

Belton was having a big car show with a live band that day......so it was a bonus to the train ride. I never realized there were so many fun shops to explore in Belton so we explored the shops, looked at the cars and rode the train. It was fun getting to walk through the different cars of the train and imagining the people who use to ride them as their mode of transportation.


The official Train Ride Sign!!!


Here is my TICKET!!!


Bill and Ar posing for me!!!

The best part of the trip was getting to spend time with my friends, they are a blessing to me. So I get a call the other day and they are going to be coming through IA and of course we have the Boone train so we are going to go on an adventure in Boone, IA!!!! I will try to take lots of pictures to share!!!! Side note: Johnny on the Spot was the nicest one I have ever been in.....it was clean and it smelled nice.....I am telling you it was a great day all around!!!!!


I can't leave out the car show!!!
I would have more car pictures but I used my new phone and I am still learning how to operate it!!



Goodbye until next time!!!

6 comments:

missy said...

cool!!!!!!! looks fun!!!!!!
have fun tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought I left a comment yesterday but my computer kept shutting down - I'll try again!!! What a neat thing to be able to take another train ride. We once took one from Dillsboro NC and did some shopping and lunch. In the fall of the year, it was especially pretty and colorful with the changing leaves.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

What fun it looks like you had! Hope all goes well and you get settled into your new home. blessings,Kathleen

Paula said...

Oh train rides are so much fun, Stephanie! I hope you can get the pictures of the car show- I would love to see them.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

More than just tourist fun, trains are a great form of transportation. They are more typical in other countries -- I have regularly ridden trains in Russia, Ukraine, Germany, and Austria, among other places -- but US trains are great rides, too. When I was living in DC, I would ride them to Eastern destinations (1-2 hour trips). It really beats driving and is quite comfortable, can get things done or view the great scenery, much of which you cannot get to see in a car.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

More than just tourist fun, trains are great transportation. They are more commonly available in other countries. I have ridden them regularly in Russia, Ukraine, Germany, Austria, and elsewhere. Oh, and of course, in the US in DC - much better than driving from one large city to another and dealing with all the traffic. You can watch the scenery, get some work done, or sleep.