Monday, July 6, 2009

Good Bye Little House in Kansas City

We will miss our sweet little home in Kansas City!!!!

It is official....we have moved out of Kansas City!!!!
It was hard to say Goodbye to our friends and our sweet little house but now we are on a new adventure. We are in the transition phase so the dogs and I are in Corydon, IA and Donnie is in FL....Andrew our son decided to stay in Kansas City........we will miss him but we are excited for him to claim his independence.

Corydon,IA is a fun little community, I can take a walk at 10:00pm and not have to worry about being bothered......very different from Kansas City!!! I have a bike that I use to get around town and my first full week here I helped with Vacation Bible School.

My mom has decided that it is time to downsize and I am here to help her get the job done. We are going through over 50yrs of stuff.......we have gotten a lot done but have quite a ways to go. We have found lots of treasures and memories of those who have left this world come flooding back when we run across those special treasures.

I will be spending time with my family in Ottumwa, IA too!!! I am excited to have this time to be surrounded by family and friends. I do miss my husband very much.....this time in IA would be sweetened if he could be here with me. He is busy with work and checking out Open Houses, looking for our next home.......we know it is going to be different from what we are used to but excited to start this new adventure together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God bless you as you two search for your next home. Hope you enjoy every minute with your family in the meantime.

missy said...

i'm so excited to have you in iowa for a bit!!!!!!