Thursday, August 19, 2010

Facebook



Facebook.....it has me tangled in it's web!!!! I know more details about the lives of people I don't even know than I do current issues......I spend more time perusing through yearbooks looking for people I can't remember hoping that something will jog my memory.......I have virtual farms....I look for virtual treasure......I post pictures that my family cringes at...........I tell the facebook world what I am having for dinner, the random thoughts that go through my head and openly share my opinions about everything I have an opinion on.......that is a lot of opinions!!!!

I finds myself getting that same feeling of anxiety as I did in High School when I post something and no one responds or some one wants to be friends with everyone else but has not requested me to be their friend....yet I am friends with people I don't even know. I worry that I may offend someone if I don't respond to a post or I worry that I may have responded the wrong way......I have been reduced to a 42yr old teenager!!!!

How did we get to this.....when did voyeurism become a way of life???

Though there is truth in my jesting, there are many good attributes to facebook and can't forget those....I get to share in my family and friends lives since they are 1400 miles away........I get to be connected to friends I have not seen in years but their presence in my life is still a blessing........I get to send and receive words of encouragement when needed and there is always some good laughs.

Perhaps I do spend to much time on there but it keeps me connected to those I love and really isn't that all anyone wants....to be connected?




3 comments:

Valyaa said...

Hi, just letting you know you are NOT alone in the "facebook tangle"...I always have the same problem..what do I say? and why do i have these ppl on my friends list? lol..I love that picture by the way that says love. Its so cute..check out my blog! i just started...i hope we can be blog buddies!

Anonymous said...

no your defiantly not alone. it's all high school... yet we don't stop lol.

V. I. P. said...

I, too, have the same problem with Facebook. I used to deactivate it all the time, now I stay logged on and just limit my activity to "stopping by," just as if I was making a short visit to a friend if I happen to be in the neighborhood. So far, I'm on a lot less, but I have cravings to go look at what's going all day. I can imagine what it's like for people who are smokers who want to quit. Facebook is truly addictive.