Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summertime


What a happy little poem....but summer time here is nothing like the poem!!!! I have never been so wet in my entire life.....I have things sweating that I didn't even know could sweat!!!! As hot as it is here in Florida....my poor family and friends in Iowa are really suffering!!! Not only are they contending with record highs but...RAIN....RAIN....RAIN and FLOODS....FLOODS.....FLOODS!!!!

Being hot is just a way of life in Florida but the extremes of living in the Midwest can be very daunting.....the saving grace is that the weather can change in an instant. Fall is around the corner.....MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR.......and with it will bring sweatshirt wearing days and wrap your self in a blanket evenings!!!!

My favorite times in the fall are the mornings....a cup of coffee taste even better on a fall morning......sitting on the porch watching the squirrels labor as they prepare for winter and seeing the birds fly with a rejuvenated spirit because they now they are headed for some new adventures.

I am inspired by the warm colors that dot the landscape and the smells that waft over me as I drive down the road or walk into a shop selling seasonal fare. I am giddy over the displays that the store proprietors create and I am full of anticipation knowing that the Holiday festivities will soon be upon us. I am ready to wrap myself in a sweater and sip a Pumpkin Latte and watch the show that the great outdoors performs.......Oh the longings for fall are equal to the longings of being in the Midwest during that magical time of the year. This year I will have new things to experience and new stories to add to my life....it is OK to ache a little for what you don't have....just don't forget to be open for what is ahead of you.

No comments: