Wednesday, January 5, 2011

This Makes Me Feel Gushy!!!


I have a little book that I bought several years ago called the Checklist for Life for Women; it is a compilation of lessons on topics such as Forgiveness, Providence, Family etc. (68 topics in all) and I keep that as my standard devotional (I do not read it every day....I do try though). Today's topic was on security....which seems to be the lesson God is really trying to get me to see these days. I like to report.....I AM GETTING IT.......WOO HOOO!!!!

That makes me gushy but what really brings butterflies to my tummy and makes my heart soar are 2 passages out of today's lesson.

1. He is your sure place to stand in a shaky world.

If you only knew how long I chose to stay in that shaky world....often being the shaker myself, you would understand my jubilation over those words. I was on the barter system with God (I was, He....not so much). I can remember prayer time used to be spent with me trying to convince God I had a REALLY good plan...I knew how to fix everything so that I would be happy....do you see all the I references????
Not until He pointed it out one evening during prayer time by showing me the plans of mine He had allowed and the numerous failures that followed, did I get it......I am a bit stubborn....don't tell my husband I said that!!!!
When I stopped looking at the world through my eyes and looked at it through God's eyes....even the shakiest of times were smooth sailing......God's route and His driving are much better than mine....and He is so darn faithful!!!!

2. The minute I said, "I'm slipping, I'm falling," your love, God, took hold of me and held me fast. When I was upset and beside myself, you calmed me down and cheered me up. Psalm 94:18-19 The Message

That makes me gushy because it is so true!!!
I lived a life in fear that God wouldn't catch me.....I believed I was no good because God didn't give me what I wanted (I was more into the temper tantrum part of being a child....I don't think that is what the scripture meant when it said come as a child....my bad!!!).

It all goes back to Rules or Relationship.....I followed the rules and that is where the frustration came from......I followed but only felt burdened and on the brink of failure constantly. Now I choose Relationship and as it grows I feel more and more freedom....freedom to be who God created me to be.

That makes me feel Gushy!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Toyin O. said...

Amen, praise God for all that HE is doing in your life.