Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Car

This is my husband's mistress and she has taken over our garage, she is a 1965 Buick Riviera. I dream of the day when I can open the garage and actually drive in but I do not see that happening anytime soon. Donnie has taken everything completely off and restored the frame know he and the boys (or should I say men) are working on the interior shell. The Donner is quite happy to have his helpers Andrew and Sunday assist him on this ongoing project.

Nothing says fun like power tools!!!

Andrew is such a fun kid and it has been awesome having him here full time. I think he is learning a lot and teaching us a few things. He always enjoys going up to Grandpa G's Farm in IA and hanging out with his homey. It is Andrew's goal to get my dad to rap and I am not talking about presents. I know that it is also a lot of fun for Donnie to have Andrew with us and I think Andrew feels good about being here as well.......he is a bit crazy about his dad and crazy like his dad. Though our world has changed a bit, it is a great change.



Andrew our very serious son being his goofy self





Donnie showing Sunday how it's done (glad I am not the only one being shown!!!!)

Shaun Sunday is a very quiet young man and I hope that we can help him to open up (he is going to have to be louder if he wants to be heard in this loud family!!!). We have lots of projects going around our house and he is getting an opportunity to learn a lot of different things. After spending a week on my dad's farm I don't think he wants to pursue a career dealing with hogs but he sure had a good time seeing things he had never seen before.

Sunday (He lives with us and is still smiling!!!!)

1 comment:

Jacq ;) said...

Thanks for the great comment on my blog! I laughed so hard!! Liv wanted me to tell you that Jim is hers, even though he belongs with Pam!