Wednesday, August 27, 2008

For Olivia

My friend Jacquelyn's daughter Olivia has something in common with me and so I have to share this picture and story. For all of you "The Office" fans you will be able to appreciate this.

For the entire time that Donnie and I have been married he is always been out of town or entertaining clients for work during my birthday, my 39Th birthday was no exception. Donnie happened to be off to some exotic location like Dayton, OH or Omaha, NE. I was feeling a little low because even though we don't make big deals about birthdays it is still nice to be recognized and made to feel a little special. As I am getting ready for work I hear the dogs bark (that is the best alarm system one could have) and so I decide to inspect what the ruckus is about. I was surprised to see my friend Sarah had stopped by on her way to work....not only had she come to say Hi and Happy Birthday but she was dropping off a birthday surprise from the Donner.

I need to explain before I proceed, on the show "The Office" there are two characters that are constantly at each other, Dwight Schrute (my soul mate....sorry Donnie) and Jim Halpert (Olivia's soul mate I have learned). In one episode Jim takes Dwight's stapler and encases it in jello....I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Working in an office setting for several years there have been occasions that I would liked to have encased things or people in jello, so that just added to the humor of the show.

Back to Sarah.....as she comes walking up I notice something in her hands....it is Donnie's old cell phone encased in jello....I laughed so hard that I had to reapply my makeup. I was completely surprised by this little scheme the Donner and Sarah had concocted and it made for a great start to my day.



I know some of you may not understand the humor but that is OK, I did and that is what counted that day. It is the simple things in life that tickle me and jello encased cell phones is one of them.

2 comments:

Jacq ;) said...

That is PRICELESS!! That episode was one of THE funniest!! I've never met Donnie, but he sounds like my kinda guy! I can't wait to show Liv when she gets home from work!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god..crack me up!! I was peeing my pants!! So funny!! I'm so glad you girls have joined the blogging world!! I'm sad I don't have the time like I use to, but know it's just temporary...OH, and you have my permission to put my blog on our class website!! thanks!!