Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Bowling Garb

I was going to post something deep and philosophical and then the FedEx man showed up on my doorstep and changed my whole mood (that is a little scary isn't it?).

The Donner (my husband for those of you who don't know by now) joined a bowling league last year with a couple of co-workers, one married and one not married. 3 weeks into the bowling season (is that like deer season?) the married one decided she didn't want to be married anymore and that left an open spot on the team. I must tell you I am no bowler I just like the shoes and the atmosphere of the bowling lanes (very Laverne & Shirley....for those of you who know what I am talking about). Donnie and the rest of his team mates tried and tried to talk me into joining them last year but I was a big CHICKEN and I just didn't want to make the commitment.

Donnie and I have a complex relationship.....he is very competitive....I am not, he likes to tell me what to do.........I do NOT like to be told what to do.....OK maybe that isn't so complex. I am stubborn (sometimes to a fault) and I could just envision the fights that Coach Don and I would get into. As the summer has progressed and the bowling league season has been looming in the back ground the Donner finally wore me out and I have conceded and agreed to join the team. Part of the black mail....I mean convincing was I would get my own ball and shoes.

Picking a ball and shoes you would think would be an easy task.....I don't do anything easy!!! After searching and searching I had found the ball I wanted......it didn't come in the right weight which really stunk because I had found the perfect shoes to go with it!!! Now I had the perfect shoes what was I going to do....the ball search continued with help from Donnie. He wanted me to get a ball with a manly names like "The Widow Maker", "Reptiles Revenge", "The Pin Buster".......the one I wanted was called "Candy Swirl" as you can see this was a daunting process. After many days of matching balls to the perfect shoes I finally found one that would work and the name wasn't bad either "The Jazz".




My beautiful ball

I ordered my ball on Tuesday and it arrived on Thursday.....WOOHOO, it was like Christmas!!! My shoes were delayed.....the ball came from TX and my shoes and bag came from California....I know crazy. Today as I am doing my weekend chores I hear the dogs start barking and yep you guessed it my shoes and bag arrived!!!




Pretty and Shiny what all good...ummm bowlers need!

I hope as the season starts I can tell you of the great scores I make and awards I will win with my amazing bowling skills but I am a realistic girl so it will probably be stories of how my ball went flying backwards and nearly missed my husbands head or how I didn't release soon enough and went flying down the lane. Wish me LUCK!!!!

The whole ensemble....know I need the perfect shirt!!!

2 comments:

Geri said...

Well, even if you aren't much of a bowler, you'll look great!

missy said...

oh my gosh!!!!!! i love, love, love, it!!!! you can make yourself a bowling shirt to match and put a cursive "S" on it!!! just like Laverne's!!!! make sure you take a picture of your first bowling nite!!! can't wait to here the scores....now go kick some butt!!!