Friday, December 26, 2008

Changes

From the words of the great Rock Band Tesla: "Changes, time's makin' changes in my life Rearrangin', always changin', can't seem to stop the hands of time......Can't you see, it's changin' everything......Nothin' ever stays the same, it's always gonna change I'm on my my way".

That was the theme of 2008 for us....the changes started small but seem to have snowballed throughout the year until it came came to a head on the 15th of December. After seven years of service to my husband's company they decided it was time to cut their ties with him. This was a complete shock to us and a complete shock to his boss.....it was a corporate made decision (a bad one) so it was based on seniority not on performance. Only a couple of weeks before it happened we were talking about all of the projects that he had going and that was some good job security.....the irony of it all.

This is God's way of moving us to the next part of our life. We had gotten to comfortable and put more merit in the security we had then our trust in God.......He is now showing us that He is greater than all of those things. He will give us better than what we had but in the meantime He is teaching us lesson after lesson. We will step up and learn the lessons because we don't want to have to learn them again!!!! Please pray for us that God's will be done in our lives that we will hear what He is telling us and we will go where He needs us to go.

Now please do not think that I am so righteous that I am not feeling a bit stressed about this. What I know to be truth and what I am feeling are two different things right now but I know that God will prevail and maybe that is the lesson......I am no longer living on feelings but I am living on trust.

I pray that God will be with all of you and give you joy daily and strength through your storms.

2 comments:

missy said...

hang in there my friend!!!
things do happen for a reason...even though they are not always easy to see or to deal with.
you are one tough cookie so i know you guys will come out of this with a whole knew meaning for life!

Anonymous said...

I pray that God will lead you and give you wisdom and strength during these changes. I've learned that almost everyone we meet is dealing with something: illness, passing of a loved one, unemployment, disability. The key is to surround yourself with truly caring people to get us through both the good and the bad times. God bless you in the coming year.