Sunday, September 21, 2008

Andrew's Big Day

Yesterday started out like a typical Saturday, I slept in until 7:30, Donnie was up at 6:00 (this is going to sound pathetic but that is sleeping in for him) and started working on his car and the boys slept in until about 10:30 (Donnie decided it was time for them to get up). I had a fun day planned with my friend Sarah (we met in Parkville, MO.....my favorite spot in the KC metro) and the boys (I mean men) had manly things to attend to (I have learned the less I know the better off I am).

We had found a car (1971 Pontiac T37) for Andrew earlier in the week and the guy called and said that we could come and pick it up on Saturday instead of on Sunday.....a very manly thing to do. As soon as they got it home they started tearing things apart (is that just a boy thing??? I mean if I bought a new sewing machine I wouldn't bring it home and tear it apart!). I made it home in time to make them stop so we could go to bowling. Andrew had to take Sunday to work, between taking Sunday to work and coming to the bowling alley Andrew stopped to check on a job he had interviewed for.

Andrew is a smiley kid by nature but the cheesy grin he was toting was the first clue that something was up. After a week of waiting he found out that he got the job!!!! He will be starting at Maurice's clothing store (a girls clothing store no less) this coming week. Yesterday was Andrew's day, in fact we may record it on the calender and make it a family holiday!!!



What a Great Smile!!!


My Men


What a Sweet Ride


Dog Friendly Ride


Andrew's Girl Biscuit Likes to Cruise

1 comment:

missy said...

wow andrew....working at a good place to pick up chicks and now you have a way to pick up chicks!!!
CONGRATS andrew....on both of your "new" journies!!!!! and good luck with the chicks!!!!