Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Work

Service with a Smile BABY!!!!


Rick, my boss made me take a picture for the company website today and I thought what a great opportunity to talk about my job. I am an Office Manager for an appraisal firm in Overland Park, KS......what does that entail you say???? I do a little bit of this and a little bit of that. There are 4 appraisers and myself and the best thing about working there are the people. I have always been pretty lucky when it came to bosses but there have only been 2 that I can say have become my friends....Deb from Great Lakes Aviation and Rick (my current boss). For a corporate setting I have the most laid back boss you could ever meet...you have to love someone who allows me to play my reindeer games and will even join in sometimes.



I don't take life to seriously....really what is the point....I would rather have fun learning my lessons here on earth. I am not saying that I don't have a reverent respect for this thing called life but I have lived the worrying kind of life and got nothing out of it. What is going to happen is going to happen I just try to be as prepared as I can be. I guess it comes down to finding peace in my life. I have had many parts of my life that were anything but peaceful (mostly self induced) but when I make time to seek my Father in Heaven and let His love wash over me, then I can see things clearly....through His peace.



I enjoy my job and I love the people but this is not what I feel called to do. It is funny as I reflect back over my life it seems like the jobs have come to me and it wasn't because I thought that they were my callings but because there was a reason for being there, whether the situation was a lesson for me or I was there for the benefit of someone else. My heart's desire is to help others find their healing but in a creative way....there is much healing in creating something beautiful. The ironic thing is I am still working on myself and my confidence in being successful is not the highest. I am not comparing success to money...I am comparing it to really helping someone (and feeding my family isn't such a bad thing). The Father has given me promises that go with that desire but I do get weary waiting for them to happen. I have learned that it is in His timing and no matter how hard I try to make these things a reality, if it is not the right time it is not going to happen.....that has been a very hard lesson for me....I would say I am still learning it but I am understanding it more....not always liking it but understanding it.

For now I will plug along in the position of Office Manager for Stanley Appraisal, Inc. and continue to listen and wait on the Lord. The waiting carries the lessons and I need lot of lessons

1 comment:

missy said...

WOW....girl...that was pretty deep!!! I also have a hard time waiting to see why sometimes..but you are right...again...there is a reason!!!!!