Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bowling


Last night was our first night of bowling leagues and I have to say I didn't do to bad. First of all lets address my awesome shoes....I had included a picture to show you how well they match the carpet.....which is very important when being a bowling fashoinesta!!!


My Rockin' Shoes!!!


This next picture is not flattering at all but in order to get the full effect it needed to be included. I have not done a lot of bowling in my lifetime so this really is a new adventure for me....on an average before I would bowl about a 68....it would get a little higher depending on how much I had to drink. Really bowling has always been about the shoes for me....I just think that bowling shoes are cool!!! Sorry I got off on a tangent....I have come a long way in a short time and I would have to say (as much as I don't want to admit it Coach Donnie has been very instrumental in my improvement) I think I am getting better each time.

Do I look like a pro??



Our teams are made up of two men and two women and we bowl 3 games. The first game I was on fire in fact I was ahead of Donnie for a better part of the game....(the student becomes the master!!!!) but he rallied towards the end to beat me. My scores were 1st game 118, 2nd game 89 ( I don't know what happened on the second game) and 3rd game 112....not to bad if I do say so myself..........long ways from a 68. I know there is room for improvement and I hope to be bowling a 150 by the end of the season.....we are doing this every Saturday Night until April!

Look I have a 35 and Donnie has a 24!!!

Donnie (my husband of 9 1/2yrs) is my coach. He tends to be on the competitive side and he showed great restraint last night when it came to "coaching" me......but like I said I was kicking his booty for the first game!! Donnie is a jack and master of all trades....he is one of those people who can read about something or look at something and go at a task like he has been doing it all his life. He has remodeled our home, he is restoring the 65 Riviera (that takes up our garage) and he is always willing to help when someone needs it. Even though I get frustrated when working with him (he can be a know it all....and what kills me is he is usually right!!) I feel so blessed to have him as my husband. I can mention a project and he will have come up with a way for us to get it done.

Isn't He So Handsome?!!


Coach Donnie and ME!!!!

All and all it was a good night and I had lots of fun. I can't wait to see how the rest of the year goes....I hope I can report lots of improvement!!!

2 comments:

missy said...

Hey...sounds like you are doing AWESOME! I'm cheering for ya!!

missy said...

I forgot to say I LOVE the shoes!!! You have to get a shirt to match with a big "S" on it that would complete the outfit!!! Hope you are having fun!! Did you get any strikes???