Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Peeps Weekend Fall 2008

Friday was spent with my friend Missy............we had a grand adventure.

When I a lived in Ankeny, IA I had a quite a few places that I liked to frequent, Howell Tree Farm was on the top of that list. Howell Tree Farm is more than just a tree farm, they have a pumpkin patch and a BIG old barn that has a gift shop. Above the gift shop hanging from the rafters are bunches and bunches of dried flowers available for purchase.......it is amazing!!!! Another stop was going to be The Farmhouse (an herb farm with a little shop full of treasures) but when we got there it was a massage therapy place........we thought about a quick massage before we headed on but we still had a lot of territory to cover so we trekked on. Another of my favorite places we stopped at was the Brass Armadillo (I had worked at the one in Ankeny), it is a GINORMOUS antique mall....there were lots of treasures to be found there, that was for sure. I spent the night with Missy and the next morning she treated me to some Spiced Pumpkin Latte.......look out Starbucks!!!! It was so yummy and the perfect start to a fall day in Iowa. Saturday had some more adventures in store for us...........



The sign for the Howell Tree Farm..........if it hadn't been raining I would have gotten out of the car and taken a better picture



This picture doesn't do the place (rafters full of dried flowers) justice but can you imagine all of the things that you could make with these beauties?



A true Brass Armadillo treasure......who wouldn't want these salt and pepper shakers on their table??? UMMMMM.......Yea!!!!



Not only was the Pumpkin Spice Latte Yummy it was pretty!!!!



When I was a little girl my mom was a Girl Scout leader and apparently she was a really good one because she has left a lasting impression with several of my friends from school......a daughter can't really give an unbiased opinion...I mean she is my mom....she is just cool and always has been. One of the most memorable events was the Halloween Party that she threw in our garage when I was around 10. That party is still talked about (it was a blow out....we were some partying 10yr olds back then). The thing that sticks out in my head is bobbing for apples (what a silly thing to remember.....I guess I really liked sticking my head in cold water.....who knew????), but each girl has their own memory of the event and we love to reminisce.


Nutty Professor aka Momma


Jan Brady Aka Tami


Pippi aka Missy



Gereatric Night Timer aka Martina


Witchy aka ME



Our scrapbooking project


More of our project


OK I try not to be a big bragger (at least I don't think I do.....I am sure you will all let me know if I am) but I kinda want to toot my own horn right now..........sorry I will try to refrain from to much of this in the future. I am a quilter (OK, I like to quilt but I haven't made enough time lately to qualify as a quilter) and I really enjoy sewing costumes so I took this opportunity to combine two things that I enjoy and the pictures that follow are the result.....not to bad if I say so myself. I see a lot of room for improvement and may try to make a better product in the future.......why you ask.....because I can and I love a challenge.




The cone was all me the rim was from a hat I purchased at Joann's (my second home)




love to embroider spider webs....they just look so cool when you get done....I want to try a more intricate one next time......why you ask......because I can and I am out of control!!!!




The gray fabric with the embroidery......yes that was me.....I tend to get carried away but I think it turned out OK.......why you ask.....bcause I can!!!!!

3 comments:

missy said...

love the hat...great job on the details!!! i had a great time!!! looking forward to next year and what it may bring!!!!

Geri said...

Love the pics! I can't wait till next year either - I really think we need just a scrapping weekend before then. It was soooo much fun! I have to say I think I had the greatest bunch of Girl Scouts ever! What a lucky leader was I?

missy said...

hey....can you not think of any weird things about yourself?????