Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Public Service Announcement

When it comes to sweets I think I show pretty good restraint. I try to eat healthy and only splurge on certain occasions and even then I rarely have an all out gorge fest. BUT……my Achilles Heel.....my Pandora’s Box......my equivalent to crack……are Mint M&Ms! I love me some York Peppermint Patties and I enjoy a good Carmelita bar once and a while……but……when it comes to Mint M&Ms I lose all sense of reason and restraint.
My intentions are good when I start out, but once I pop one of those little tidbits of chocolaty - minty goodness into my mouth I am unable to find my ability to think straight…..I will eat myself into a stomach ache…….I will be curled up in a corner assuming the fetal position with glazed eyes and continuous Rainman ramblings emerging from me in a matter of minutes…..”Need more M&Ms gotta go to K-Mart”!!! It is not a pretty sight and perhaps it is a secret best kept to myself but if I can save one more unsuspecting soul from that state of being, I feel it is my civic duty. My one saving grace is that these delectable little treats only come out once a year so I am safe for at least 10 months out of the year…….unless I see a Cheesecake Factory on the horizon……Oh Goodness!!!

3 comments:

missy said...

hahaha!!!! oh how you make me laugh!!!! i like to see you out of control from time to time....and this would be one time i would not partake(as i am not a huge mint fan)just so i could watch this "crazee"ness take place....now i would be right there with ya on the caramel bars!!! oooo-la-la....i love caramel!!!!

missy said...

hey i have 2 awards for you....sto by if you want to play along!!!!!

Shannon said...

Cheesecake factory? My weakness. There is only one near us, and we can't drive past without stopping... (luckily for my wallet that's only once or twice a year...)