Sunday, November 23, 2008

Holiday Project

I have never prepared a "Holiday Meal" by myself. This year since the boys are with us I decided to tackle the task. Now like every good hostess I know that table adornments are very important and my first project is the place card for each table setting.


I am a clip art JUNKIE......vintage clip art and I am in a full blown tizzy of excitement. There is no way I am ever going to use the numbers of clip art that I have on our computer but I just keep loading it on. Since I am said lover of clip art I searched for what I would use (this is quite a process in itself....I am very fickle and I labor over how I want to do things way too long) I found several items and came up with several ideas then I stumbled across this:



I like cornucopias, perhaps it is because I was raised on a farm and I appreciate the symbolism of the harvest it portrays or it could be because of the pretty colors, either way that is what I chose. I printed it on to card stock (sometimes I get excited and mid way through I see things I would have changed, example: I should have used a cream card stock) and then I colored in the pattern and added some glitter.......no project is complete with out glitter!!!





Now I am stuck......do I use some stain around the pattern and age it a little, do I cut them out (this would be quite a tedious task) and add them to colored paper or do I just put the names on then and call it good. I must say I will be the only one that appreciates these little table embellishments but I do want it to be pretty....even if it is just for me.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. I think a little stain would be perfect. Oh, how very talented you are and what lucky dinner guests at your table! Enjoy the day!

Jacq ;) said...

Those are gorgeous. I like the stain idea. I wish I was 1/2 as creative!! Have a fabulous holiday!!

missy said...

yes the stain is good!!!! maybe put a piece or 2 or 3 of darker card stock under for the layered look!!!! i love them!!!! make sure you make an extra one to keep so i can see it next time we are together!!!!

Geri said...

I like them! Do you have a small punch that would be appropriate? I like to punch a row of say apples and then put a contrasting color of cardstock behind. Or you could use one of the colors of the fruit? Or maybe a metallic or glitter paper behind? You still have 3 days!! Just don't drive yourself crazy with the placecards - you still have the centerpiece, placemats?