Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Night Thoughts

The Donner is out in the man cave and the boys are at work so I have an evening to myself. I should be downstairs moving things around so the Donner can clean up my floor (it has some ooky mastic on it and the Donner has some wonder stuff to get it up). I am going to create a space for me, a place to dream, design and bring to fruition beautiful things.......since the boys moved in last June I have no space of my own, it appears I am being banished to the basement. I once laid claim to all the rooms in the house but I have to share and I am more than willing to do so since that means we have the boys with us.

As I was driving home tonight I had a lot of reflective thoughts running through my head. Apparently the drive was too long and my mind has been filled with thoughts of paint chips and fabric swatches........floor coverings..........shelving!!!!!! I am so easily distracted...I enjoyed the deep thoughts when I was having them but my vanity has taken over and I get to dream of making an oasis for ME........a girl cave........a creative studio........an escape.........the basement!!!!

What things do you or would you have in your space?

Where is your space?

What do you do in your space?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!

3 comments:

missy said...

well this is quite funny...i am drawing up a plan(in my mind) for my little room....also in the basement....scrapbooking, gift wrapping...and whatever else i can think of....but your plan is much closer to reality...you already have a room just have to fix it up...we do not have a room so will have to "build" it!!! so for now is just my little plan!!!!

Paula said...

Hey there, Miss Stephanie! I'm so sorry you've been pushed out of your basement.... I have to share my sewing room with my Hubby's hunting gear and stereo equipment, so I don't have my "own space" either!
My oasis is uusually the bathroom. I may be in there taking a quiet relaxing bath, but Hubby doesn't know that so he is afraid to enter.
(*evil laugh*)
Oh he ASKS, but I just say, "ah nothing" and he goes away. tee hee

Jacq ;) said...

I dream of the day I can have a room of my very own (with a door that locks) that I can escape to! I have a small room off my bedroom with a closet FULL of books and a comfy chair - but, alas, there is no door :( Someday...