Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Preparations




It is Wednesday night and I am 1/2 way through my list of preparations......I am not trying to brag but the 3 glasses of wine that have helped me through this process are making me a little cocky. This is the first Thanksgiving that I have ever gotten to prepare myself. I would love to be able to share this time with my family in IA, MO and TX but this year we are sharing it with the boys here at home. Though the rest of our families (that includes friends who are like family.....you know who you are) are miles away they are in our hearts and we love them all very much.

I am excited to see how the turkey turns out (I have been laboring over that a bit........if I read anything else about it I will turn into a turkey) but I am more excited to see if my labor has brought smiles to my boys faces or if I will have to pull the frozen pizza out of the freezer.

Sorry I had to step away for a minute to pull the cheese cake out of the oven (Pumpkin Swirl......just like my head is swirling) and now I need to make my Pecan Pie....I hope that it is as pretty as the ones I see in the books and magazines.

I hope all of you enjoy the preparations, food, fellowship and the overall day tomorrow and I will be thinking of quite a few of you.....many of you have been so open and gracious and for that I am truly Thankful.....you are on my list of blessing!!! May God Bless You All!!!




2 comments:

missy said...

right back at ya my great friend!!!
save me a piece of the pecan pie in the freezer for next time i visit!!! mmmmmmm!!!! i am sure everything will be just perfect!!!
enjoy your day!!!

Jacq ;) said...

Sounds heavenly!! Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope you had a fabulous day!