Tuesday, January 13, 2009

10 Days to 10 Years



This is that time of the year when the Donner and I both keep an eye on the calender because there is an important day coming up. Ten Years ago on the 23rd of January I became Mrs. Donald Edwards.......and boy has it been a ride!!!! I am going to try and tell a bit of our story over the next 10 days....this will take great discipline on my part.

It all started 13.5 years ago, I had gotten a job working for Olan Mills in their Church Directory Division. My first day was in a little church in Northeastern Iowa (about 3-4 hours from my home) and as I pull up to the church, standing by his van is a very handsome fella. I would soon learn that he was my photographer for the week.

The first thing that stands out in my mind is the way he was with the clients....he made them feel at ease and by doing so took some great pictures. His wit made me laugh and I found myself instantly attracted to him.

His first impression of me was....hold on this is really romantic......"she's cute but she has a big butt"....yes that is the romantic story my husband tells our kids.....doesn't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy??

Now the fact that we were attracted to each other was not convenient for either of us, I had a boyfriend that was an absolute sweetheart but we were more like buddies than a couple and Donnie had been separated from his wife for 10 months and had other things going on in his life.

It all started with harmless flirting and before you know it I couldn't stop thinking about him.........this was not good......needless to say he was having the same issue. The more we were paired as a team and spent time together the inevitable happened.....we fell in love....I wasn't looking for it but it got me and it got me bad!!!!

It was not the ideal situation and if you were looking from the outside in you would have thought that I was crazy, but when I was around him it was like I had known him all my life........like a piece of me that had been missing was found. Though we have had our rough patches, I can't imagine my life with out him......he is my friend, my love and my strength.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable photos of you two and such a sweet story. I look forward to your other installments!

missy said...

haha!!!! you guys are soooo funny!!!! love ya both...10 years that is quite an accomplishment!!!! hang on for the ride!!!!!

Paula said...

That is such a sweet story!!
Mine and Hubby's anniversary is
Jan. 25th- 6 years for us!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Such sweet words and you two are such a cute couple. You can tell how much happiness is between you! Happy "early "aniversary! Blessings, Kathleen