Sunday, January 18, 2009

5 Days to 10 Years

Today I am going to talk about our pets.....now I know some of you are thinking why would I talk about pets........easy, they are part of the family that Donnie and I have created. We never intended to get the amount of pets that we have but we are suckers for puppies!!!!


What a pretty girl!!!

I have blogged about Sparkles before, she was our first puppy and she was a very special dog. Sparkles has been gone over a year now and to this day I still get misty eyed. She had such a fun little personality, was a good pal and was very loyal. Sparkles was a Blue Heeler / Husky mix and she was beautiful......always a little lady. I could go on and on about her but that would not be fair to you. I have never felt that way about a dog and it will be a very long time before I feel that way again.......losing her was like losing my best friend.


I hope someone drops some crumbs!!!


Biscuit was the next addition to our family and she has a definite personality. She is not a dumb dog by any means but she can be very dopey. She tends to use her size to bully everyone around....not just the other dogs but us too!!!! Biscuit was a stray and she decided that she liked our porch and since it was the coldest night of the winter we took pity on her and let her in.....she never left.


I am such a spoiled baby!!!


Raven is one of biscuits puppies....yes she was pregnant when she showed up on our doorstep. I love puppies and as soon as they were cleaned up I had them in my hands...to hold those fragile little lives in my hands made me realize what a miracle life is. I have not blogged about Raven yet so I won't say much about her because I don't want to take away from her story.



Sweet little boy!!!


Boots is one of Sparkles' puppies....we had Sparkles for 7 years, we lived on a farm she was free to go all over.....not once did she get pregnant......we move to the city and what happens a stray jumps the fence and get her pregnant. Boots is our only boy and I haven't blogged about him yet so the same is true for him as it is for Raven.

We love each and everyone of our dogs they are part of our family.



Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. ~Roger Caras

4 comments:

missy said...

AAWWWWWW...they are all so sweet!!!
I know....our dogs are part of our life too...a very big part....they are just our 4 legged kids!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your pet photos. Our pets are a big part of our lives too. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to hearing more.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Loved your words. I know how it is to miss a pet even after many years. I have had cats, dogs and even a rooster that I have lost and still miss! Can't wait to read the other stories of your beloved dogs! blessings, Kathleen

Mishelle said...

Wow! That's a lot of dogs! Lake especially loves your Bisquit. He does look a lot like ours!