Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Secret Sister

A few years ago I had my 20 year class reunion and the most wonderful thing happened........I reconnected with some old friends. A handful of us decided that we wanted to stay connected so we have a girls weekend about every 3-4 months. These weekends are our excuse to act like silly girls....we laugh, eat junk food and talk!!!! This year we decided that we would have a Secret Sister, so for Christmas, our birthdays and a surprise day we send little gifts......little chances to share how much we appreciate each other.
Before Christmas I received an envelope in the mail and this is what I found:

I was sooooooo excited!!!! I love paper crafting and fun stickers are always a welcome tidbit....I am also a recipe collector so the adorable recipe cards were an added bonus.
Now I was perfectly pleased with this envelop of goodies but then........as I was pulling out of the driveway on my way to work one morning I happened to look on the front porch and low and behold there was a box. I was sure that it was an e-bay remnant (my husband likes the e-bay.....OK I have found a few treasures as well) but I stopped (I was already late so a few minutes wasn't going to matter) got out of the car and as I approached the box my curiosity turned to joy!!!! Another Secret Sister BOX!!!!!!!
I had learned earlier that week that my husband was unemployed and though I know that God has a GRAND plan for us I was feeling the heaviness that comes with loss so that little box was a much needed surprise!!!!

When I opened up the box I found what I thought was the mother load but soon discovered that my Secret Sister was very tricky. Once I opened the boxes I found more gems...I am a fan of Roosters, their morning song, beautiful feathers and attitude make me smile. I got the mother load alright....the Rooster Load!!! Don't miss the little snowman.....he is just precious.

After a little investigation I realized I had 2 Secret Sisters.....I am truly blessed and Thankful for my dear friends and their generosity.

I think I will name this guy Roscoe he looks so dapper in his vest!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Secret Sisters sounds like a great idea. You certainly got some very uplifting prizes! I reconnected with 5 girlfriends and we share some lovely times together.

missy said...

ha...i love little roscoe...he is cute!!!!