Thursday, January 15, 2009

8 Days to 10 Years

This next subject I know quite a bit about so I will try to keep it to a minimum. I was born and raised in Iowa and my heart is still there.

My Daddy met my Mom while working for the phone company in my Mom's hometown; they worked for Ma Bell. Mom was an operator and Daddy worked the lines and one thing lead to another. After a quick courtship the got married and 9 months after the wedding another member joined the family.....ME!!!!

I started the theatrics early!!!

I grew up on a farm and I must say it was a wonderful way to grow up. There were always adventures to go on. I am an only child and I have a very active imagination so you can only imagine the entertainment I could find on a farm.

So young so naive


My parents divorced when I was 15 so Mom and I moved across the field into the old farm house until I graduated High School. After graduation we moved to into town and that is where I met my first husband.

I was way to young in age an maturity to have made that decision but I did it for the wrong reasons and with a bad start like that it was sure to end. That divorce was very instrumental in my growing up and though it was hard to go through it got me to where I am now. I was kind of lost for a few years but eventually I found my way......it was by the love and grace of Jesus.


If I only knew what was headed my way


When I took the job with Olan Mills I figured it would just be another job in a long search for my purpose in life; it was so much more than that!!! I had been dating my boyfriend at that time off and on for a couple of years but it never seemed like it was going to go anywhere. He was good to me and I genuinely loved him but I was not in love with him and I wanted more.


Can you tell I am in love?


The phrase that things happen when you least expect them has certainly been true in my life. I was not looking for some one new in my life.....I had decided that life was not going to change....I mean I had a man who loved me and I loved him....we were good friends....I wasn't expecting anything else.

Then that fateful October day came when I pulled into that church parking lot and everything changed. My life went in a direction I never even dreamed it would have. I am so blessed to be married to a man that I can laugh, and cry with. I married my soul mate my other half my best friend.

Yes, we have met challenges but that has made us stronger and ready to face what ever comes our way. We know that Father God is in charge of us that He will light our steps and when we stray onto the unlighted path He will be there to help us find our way.


Still Smiling!!!

4 comments:

missy said...

oh my gosh!!!! wow...you look soooo young in those pictures!!!
my how we change!!! not that you have aged much...but it is just amazing to look back at those pictures!!!!!

Mishelle said...

Cool story! You were such a cute baby too! Funny where and how things lead us isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Your smile has stayed the same through it all - you look absolutely joyful in every photo. Such a sweet story of God's love and plans for our lives.

Geri said...

That's my baby! Isn't she beautiful!!! I always lay claim that the smile came from my side of the family but her Dad has a wonderful smile too so I guess I can't take all the credit.