Friday, January 16, 2009

7 Days to 10 Years

Tonight I was going to talk about the kids but I had a little adventure after work so I will pick a shorter topic.......my adventure was hitting.......Joann's, Michael's, Archiver's and Hobby Lobby.....I now......exciting!!!!!

The Donner and I have had 2 different houses that we have called home. One was located in Warrenton, MO on 300 acres with lots of wooded trails to walk and the other has been our current home here in Kansas City that is on little less than an acre but still has some woods to explore.

The place in Warrenton was a little slice of heaven on earth.....we didn't really have any neighbors and we had room to roam. It was so quiet and peaceful but there was one problem.....we didn't own it....it wasn't really ours. It was a big old farm house that needed some work and we put a little into it but when it is not yours the motivation to do a lot is not there. I do miss the parties we had, 4 of July was always at our house and we would start the day early with food, games, hiking and last but not least fireworks!!!!! We were about 1 mile from the fair grounds so we could sit in our yard and watch them with out traffic. There are many memories from that little oasis and it was hard leaving it but we had another adventure to go on.

Sparkles is keeping watch in Warrenton....She probably just came out of the pond!!

We moved to Kansas City, Kansas City here we are (imagine I am singing the Kansas City song to you)!! This was the first house that I Donnie and I had ever owned together....it is our home. We closed on February 14, 2003 but did not get possession until February 17. Once we got possession my husband went crazy.....we had nothing with us other than a few odds and ends. The truck with our stuff was stuck in a snow storm so they were going to be late....what does the Donner decide to do....tear down a wall. We'd had the conversation about what our first project would be and there was no discussion of a wall being torn down......again we had nothing for him tear walls down with, other than a steel bar we used for horseshoes. Needless to say the wall came down and many other things have been torn apart and put back together.


If you look close Sparkles is on the sidewalk waiting patiently.

I know that someday we will leave this little house but we will always have the memories just like our first house and there will be more memories made down the line. For now we will just tuck ourselves away in our little haven and be thankful for all the Lord has given us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing where you have lived and hearing your special memories. Your home is just beautiful. I hope you are having a great weekend.