Saturday, January 17, 2009

6 Days to 10 Years

My kids are amazing!!!! I know, I know everyone thinks their kids are amazing but how else can I express my true feelings about them??

I did not give birth to my kids they came with the Donner as a package deal but there has never been a day when I didn't love them like they were my kids. Andrew and Chelsea have been through a lot in their lives and I think they have turned into remarkable young adults.

Andrew aka Buddy Wayne is the life of the party, he is always cracking jokes and with his quick wit and humor he keeps me in stitches. Andrew is just an all around happy kid...excuse me.......young man. He did not warm up to me as fast when Donnie and I first started dating (he was and is a HUGE Daddy's boy) and the thought of some stranger coming in and taking away some of his daddy time was not acceptable. As time went by he started to warm up to me and we soon had a very strong relationship. I am so glad that he decided to move here with us this past year, it seems like he has always lived here.

Andrew has ambitions of being a Police Officer someday; his real passion would be to join the service but he has terrible asthma which keeps him from following that dream. I know what ever he ends up doing he will be successful. We are very proud of the young man he has turned into.

What a little cutie!!!


Our Buddy Wayne


He liked to show his guns....still does!!!


What a handsome guy!!!




Chelsea aka Sweetpea is very sweet, good hearted and opinionated like her father, she is full of life and one busy girl. Chelsea took to me right off.....she would sit on my lap and I would rub her back or feet for hours....she was such a cuddle bug and I miss that. Her independence was seen from an early age, she never has or had a hard time telling you how she feels about something. Chelsea is involved in Dance, Drill Team, works at McDonald's and goes to school (High School and some college courses). She is one motivated girl!!!

Chelsea's ambitions are in the field of education, she wants to be a 2nd grade teacher and we are very proud of her for picking such a serving career. It has been fun to watch our Sweetpea blossom into such a lovely young woman and we are very proud of who she has become.

She still crinkles that cute little nose!!


I just love this picture...it captures who she is to a tee!!


My girls...Chelsea hates this picture but to me it is priceless


What a beauty!!



There are 10 months between them and I have never met a brother and sister who had such a great relationship.....not to say there weren't times when they weren't particularly fond of each other but they would get over it quickly and be best buddies again. They are respectable, hard working and fun people to be around. We enjoy their company and miss them when they are not around. We are so very proud of them and consider them our greatest treasure from God.

Buddies!!!


I loved this age....they still thought we knew everything!!



This is one of my favorites



What AWESOME Kids!!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful children, and as you say, a wonderful blessing from God.

missy said...

awwww they are such little cuties!!! i am so happy you have them in your life!!!!! you do not have to give birth to them for them to be your very own!!!!