Wednesday, January 14, 2009

9 Days to 10 Years

Tonight I will talk about The Donner!!!

Now I am telling his story as an outsider and sharing with you some of the tidbits that I have gleaned from family gatherings and the time that I have spent with him. To start out Donnie grew up around St. Louis, MO, his family moved around the St. Louis metro and finally settled west in a little town called Jonesburg, MO. His parents were very young when they had the kids and as young parents often do......the biological father decided not to be a part of the family anymore. But that is OK because Donnie's step dad stepped right in and made those kids his own. Donnie has an older sister and a younger brother.....yep he is a middle child.

Little Donnie is sooooo Cute!!!

From the stories I have been told about his growing up....he was quite ornery.....not a lot has changed. There was the time that he rode his bike into a brick wall.....I believe he was playing chicken and his brakes went out.......and numerous stories of him and his siblings having "disagreements"....typical kid stuff.

He was a Jock


He married his High School sweetheart a year or two out of High School and started working for Olan Mills taking pictures for the club plan. With being a newly married couple and him traveling so much it was only a matter of time until they would part ways. After the break up of his marriage he decided to move to Iowa and continue his Olan Mills career. He moved in with a friend that worked for the same company in the Church Division......they were just a couple of single guys working and having "fun"...we will leave it at that.


What a Ham!!!


While having all of the "fun" he met his second wife and that is where our beautiful children come into the picture. He had gotten to that age where he thought it was time to settle down and have some kids so he did. I have my opinions why the marriage didn't last but that is what they are and this is a happy story so I will keep them to myself. Upon the demise of his second marriage he decided a career change was in order and that is how he got into the concrete business......he had worked construction off and on during the Olan Mills days...there were some very slow months in the picture business. His family had grown their business and they wanted Donnie to be a part of it. We have now made it to the portion of the story where I come in and I don't want to give it all away tonight.

Service and a Smile

Donnie is a creative, hard working, sweet, caring and loving husband. He has had some big mountains to overcome but he has chosen to learn from those long treacherous climbs instead of living in pity and anger.....I applaud him for not letting some rough times dictate who he is. It takes a stronger man to face his giants then to let his giants chase him.

He is so Handsome!!!

I may lose my patience with him on a regular basis (he likes to push me) and I may not always like his brutal honesty but I could not imagine being married to anyone else....he is a good provider, a fun friend and a wonderful mate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great post and I'm so glad you found each other. Look forward to hearing more!